MAK’IT /// Montpellier Advanced Knowledge Institute on Transitions
- Calls for applications
« Accelerating transitions towards sustainable development »
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), adopted under the aegis of the United Nations, will only be achieved by 2030 through a profound transformation of our societies towards more innovative, integrative and adaptive models. This transformation lies itself on a series of major transitions that need to be orchestrated in the interlinked areas of health, environment and climate change, food and agriculture. From local to global, they represent many new challenges to accompany for research and teaching. MAK’IT’s goal is to contribute to the renewal of places and forms of scientific knowledge mobilisation and invent new fora to apprehend the multiple controversies provoked by these changes.
Analyse, accompany and accelerate agri-food, environmental and health transitions necessary to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Contribute to research and teaching planning on these transitions and support the development of a corresponding school of thought at local, national and international levels.
Identify and stimulate the realisation of related foresight exercises and strengthen the skills necessary to drive the transitions.
Feed societal debates related to these transitions at national and international levels, answering both public and private requests by acting as a science-society and science-policy interface.
- 3 main action areas:Agriculture&Food,EnvironmentandHealth
- The2030 Agenda for Sustainable Developmentand theSustainable Development Goals (SDGs)as main framework
- An original approach via the treatment ofsocietal controversies
- A reinforced dialogue betweenlife sciencesandsocial sciences
- A geographical focus on the ‘Global South’(‘Leaving no scientific community behind’)
- An anchorage within adense networkof both local and international academic and institutional partners