CREATION OF A STRATEGIC STEERING COMMITTEE: THE MUSE INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD (MIAB)
The MUSE International Advisory Board (MIAB) is comprised of key foreign and French strategic partners to help achieve MUSE goals.
The MIAB will play a key consulting role in terms of steering and strategic guidance for the development of the MUSE initiative and provide recommendations in the areas of education, research, and international outreach.
- MIAB formulates recommendations to the MUSE Board of Directors
- It is facilitated by MUSE Executive team
The strategic orientation committee is comprised of :
10 Strategic International Academic Partners:
- 5 initial partners: WUR (NL), UC Davis (USA), Barcelona (ES), Uni. Heidelberg (DE), and U. Kyoto (JP)
- 5 Southern partners (in line with MUSE geographical and institutional priorities identified in 2018): Pretoria (ZA), IAV Hassan II (MA), UCAD (SN), USP (BR), CAAS (CN), one university from South-East Asia (TBD).
8 Non-academic Partners:
- 5 founding-member companies of the MUSE Foundation: Banque Populaire du Sud, BRL, Horiba, InVivo, MSD
- representative of civil society: Coordination Sud (coordination of French NGOs)
- representative of development institutions: Agence Française de Developpement (AFD)
- representative of think tanks : Institute for Sustainable Development and International Relations (IDDRI)
The MIAB shall meet once a year (possibly alternating physical and virtual attendance every other year).
The first instance of this Board is scheduled to take place on 6 March 2019 in Montpellier, the day before the official launch of the Montpellier Advanced Knowledge Institute on Transitions (MAK’IT).