The MUSE International Advisory Board (MIAB) is comprised of key foreign and French strategic partners to help achieve MUSE goals.
The MIAB will play a key consulting role in terms of steering and strategic guidance for the development of the MUSE initiative and provide recommendations in the areas of education, research, and international outreach.
- MIAB formulates recommendations to the MUSE Board of Directors
- It is facilitated by MUSE Executive team
The strategic orientation committee is comprised of :
10 Strategic International Academic Partners:
- 5 initial partners: WUR (NL), UC Davis (USA), Barcelona (ES), Uni. Heidelberg (DE), and U. Kyoto (JP)
- 5 Southern partners (in line with MUSE geographical and institutional priorities identified in 2018): Pretoria (ZA), IAV Hassan II (MA), UCAD (SN), USP (BR), CAAS (CN), one university from South-East Asia (TBD).
7 Non-academic Partners:
During the first MIAB meeting that took place on 6 March 2019, the members opted for the organization of an annual MIAB meeting, for the first 3 years, then re-evaluate this scheduliing.
- First MIAB meeting (6 March 2019)
At the end of a day of discussion, reflection and exchanges, MIAB members had a better understanding of the MUSE project and scope. They were keen to find out how MUSE stands on issues with impact & outcome, which criteria will be used to define priority issues, and how priorities will be linked to resources.
MIAB members agree to say that the purpose of this Board is a networking of networks to serve MUSE international strategy.
Due to the world pandemic, the 2nd MIAB meeting will take place via videoconferencing on 10-11 December 2020.