As part of the MUSE Montpellier I-SITE, it was decided that partners would adopt a common policy for signing scientific publications. With all the stakeholders agreeing that the goal is to achieve a “world-class university”, it was decided that the “common brand name” to be presented would be that of the lead establishment, namely Université de Montpellier. The international jury selecting the I-SITE project made that action a requirement.
1 .The consortium partners decided to respect the global framework of the AVIESAN charter, notably:
- One single line
- Systematic mention of the Univ Montpellier brand, even if the University itself is not a supervisory establishment (“Université de Montpellier” or “University of Montpellier” may be used, depending on publisher requirements)
- “Univ Montpellier” is followed by the laboratory’s supervisory establishments in alphabetical order
- Short version of the laboratory’s name (i.e.: “LIRMM,” and not: “LIRMM UMR 5506”)
- Compact presentation of the address (city and country, without postal code or “CEDEX”)
- Listed in ascending order
2. Exceptionally, a second line may be added when particular constraints apply to an institution
In the latter case, the institution in question must inform its laboratories
 Using the “Univ Montpellier” reference enables a single spelling format, regardless of the publication language.
 These acronyms are not known outside France and can be a source of misunderstanding; the numerical codes are different from one funding/supervising establishment to another.